Thursday, April 25, 2013

Getting Ready to Sing

The swan is rummaging for sheet music.
The large female vocalist is warming up her voice.
(I am far too sensitive of a fellow and too politically correct to say something like "the fat lady is getting read to sing". How boorish.)
This Saturday, at High Noon... (cue the theme from Good, Bad, and Ugly)... I face the Scale of Ultimate Truth.

Do not forsake me, oh my home scale.
I will face my adversary with a steely gaze, a firm jaw, and planning to walk away the winner.

Yep... this will be the last round-up for some folks.

Laura will be standing by with her calculator, feverishly seeing who has dropped the requisite 5% of starting weight. No drop-pie, no continue-ie.
Cut and dried.
So long, fare well, vaya con Dios, Amigo. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Now, according to my Scale of Truth at home, I am well past the five percent. I am a hair over 8% loss.
BUT... (please, no sophomoric comments about a "large but") I have noted a difference between my Scale of Truth vs. Laura's scale. Hence, the behind the scenes vocal exercises.
Oh sure, I could consume about 700 calories a day for the remainder of the week.
Yeah, I could exercise every waking minute.
However, reality slips under the door: this episode with pneumonia really took the wind out of my sails.

I have tried using my weights at home. The result has been 5 or 10 minutes into the routine I begin hacking like a cat with a 3 pound hair-ball.

I have tried to reduce my intake; only to have discovered if I don't eat a reasonable amount of food, the blasted bug tries to creep back into my lungs.

And... to add a bit of whimsy to the above; a delightful little side effect of the anti-inflammatory I was on is weight gain. Even weeks later!
While I didn't gain, I have not lost at the rate I would have desired.

I am hoping to let you know how I vanquished the Scale.
Keep me in your prayers.
And.. Cori... should I not make the cut; I will be dropping by to pick-up my jelly doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment