Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday, Friday.... Can't trust that day

Does anyone else have this issue?

All week long, you are doing great; eating the right things, walking, exercising, working out?

Then, Friday comes along.

Devious, sneaky, subversive Friday.

WHY does the Vend-O-Lard machine always seem to win on Friday??

That brown sugar/cinnamon Pop-Tart (un toasted, BTW) was NOT all that great. In fact, it was reminiscent of cinnamon flavored cardboard. Assuming one ever had such a dietary delight. Plus, it cost a buck! I could have just sprinkled some sugar from the coffee station on a sales report, and gotten the same effect. And that would have been FREE!!

WHY does every single one of my co-workers have to go out for lunch on Friday?? And, then bring 10 pound sacks of fast food wonders BACK to the office?? Oh the olfactory delights of grilled beef, hot, greasy fried potatoes. Or Chinese carry-out. Or a stromboli from the Italian place down the road... it is maddening!

And....WHY do people just happen to bring in Girl Scout Cookies, and cupcakes, and brownies, and muffins on Friday?? Why not carrots  or broccoli??   Never mind, I answered my own question.

And....WHY must I be subjected to hearing everyone's dinner, restaurant, party, bar mitzvah, coronation, and World Championship Tiddly-Winks Party plans for the weekend  ALL DAY LONG on Friday??

I seem to recall reading that a person may become "slightly cranky" at some point during the weight loss "journey". Lewis and Clark took a "journey", this is more like a forced march.

Do you have ANY idea how exciting it isn't to face a bowl of Cheerios Monday through Friday for breakfast?? I feel like I am trapped in a Groundhog Day of my own making.

Oh, Saturday is a real treat... scrambled egg whites with crushed Cheerios in them. Not really; no one would do such a thing. (Dear,you didn't read that part)

I think maybe, I just might be,  approaching the "slightly cranky" point.  Wanna make something out of it??

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment