Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Over the line

Oh glorious day!
This morning, I approached the Scale of Truth.
The usual routine... flashing lights, blah, blah, blah.
For being such a smart-aleck machine, you'd  think it would devise a new schtick.
 
I got on, eyes scrunched close, silently bemoaning the All-you-can-Inhale buffet in Amish Country.
Certainly, the 1/2 pound of cheese I keep from spoiling every night can't have any negative impact.
After all, it is a great source of calcium.
 
Following a brief, heart-felt prayer, I opened one eye.... just a sliver. There it was.
 
198!!
 
YESSSS!!!
 
The equivalent of EIGHT Quarter Pounders ("weight before cooking") had slipped away!
To quote the Patriach of a duck call making  family, I was "Happy, happy, happy."
 
Yes, today marked my third day back at the gym. Yes, I actually worked out, didn't just hang around watching TV.
Yes, I have been watching what I eat and drink.
Yes, the slogan by my desk "SKINNY FEELS BETTER THAN ANYTHING CAN TASTE" is true.
 
Except for.........
 
No, I will not be lured away by food. I will stay the course.
Ask not what your belly can do for you, but ask what you can do for your belly fat.
 
Today, the gym... tomorrow... well... the gym again.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment